Is it possible to surf the internet without ads?
Yes, it is. Everyday we're being bombarded by hundreds of ads. They are flashing, blinking, covering the whole page and most of all they are annoying! You can easily get rid of all ads within 3 minutes. There are many ad blocking Firefox Extensions, but we'd like to describe the most popular one AdBlock Plus.
File Size :
Firefox 2 Download :
What's Adblock ?
Adblock allows the user to specify filters, which remove unwanted content like ads, videos or anything that you don't want to see. Based on the source address of the site objects you'll be able to filter them out automatically. It might sound complicated, but it's very easy and you can get rid of all ads within 2 minutes . Adblock just blocks (it doesn't allow to display) all objects that are unwatned.
Let's install Adblock!
1. Download Adblock Plus (215 kb). It takes just seconds. If you don't use Firefox, it might be a good time to give it a try. The fact that you can surf the internet without ads might be a good reason itself.
2. Install Adblock Plus and restart Firefox . You'll have an option to pick already existing set of filters (for few languages) and sign up for filters updates. It's highly recommended to do it, so you don't have to create your own list of filters. That's it!
If like this extension (I bet you do:), share this manual with your friends:
Top Firefox Videos
Firefox or Internet Explorer - Rocketboom interviews New Yorkers!
Giant Firefox logo crop circle. Take a look how the amazing crop circles were created (by UFO).
Firefox in her natural habitat - Firefox fighting against spyware, pop-ups and viruses.
For years Billy has been trying to customize his web browser. Firefox is Billy's web browser of choice.
Wheee - the funniest Firefox video ever!
If you want to create filters by yourself, you can do it in three ways:
1. Click on “Adblock” tabs that are above ads and other objects and add the address or part of it with * added.
2. Display the whole list of objects and block the ones, that you don't want to see anymore.
- No annoying and distracting ads!
- More webage content on the screen. Webpage fills previous ad space with content thanks to Collapse Ads option.
- Webpage loads faster. You don't waste your bandwidth on ads.
- You can block not only ads but also other objects. If you don't want to see any eg. Youtube videos, you can just Adblock it.
- You save our time - you don't have to navigate through ads.
- Sometimes Adblock “detects” non-ads as ads and adds small Adblock tab for Adblocking. (you can disable the “adblock tabs” in Options).
- Sometimes other content besides ads might be blocked.
Overall, I have to say that Adblock is one of the best Firefox Extensions. Once you install it, you'll find that it's one of those must-have widgets.